The OpenDaylight Summit is next week. While I don’t have insight in to content that’s going to be presented — I am confident that the keynote speeches won’t be product placements. That alone is reason enough for me to attend. Plus, I hear rumors that Brent Salisbury will unveil his new cocktail based on Kentucky’s finest’s and lemon aid, simply called ‘The ODP.’ Again – another great reason to attend.
All joking aside, for those of you who can’t make the live event, SDNCentral has access to the live stream for all of this year’s keynote speakers. This event is bringing industry leaders together to discuss SDN, NFV and address some of networking’s toughest challenges. Can’t be there in person? Register below and we’ll notify you when the live stream is available. Even better, you’ll get to watch on SDNCentral from the comfort of your desk or living room! (popcorn not included)
Keynote speakers include:
- Neela Jacques, executive director for OpenDaylight, Commencement.
- Christos Kolias, senior research scientist, OpenFlow/SDN technical lead, network architecture at Orange.
- Jun Park (Ph.D), senior systems architect at Bluehost.
- Erik Ekudden, vice president and head of technology strategies, Ericsson, “Accelerating the Network with Open Source Software.”
- Vijoy Pandey, chief technology officer of Network OS and a distinguished engineer at IBM, “Building an Open, Adaptive and Responsive Data Center using OpenDaylight.”
- A user panel “Forming and Norming for SDN/NFV: Where to Support Innovation and Where to Simplify Life with Standards” featuring Open Networking User Group co-founder Nick Lippis, Open Networking Foundation executive director Dan Pitt, Open Networking Research Center’s executive director Dr. Guru Parulkar and ETSI’s NFV group leader Christos Kolias, moderated by Neela Jacques.
- Inder Gopal, chairman, OpenDaylight board of directors, “OpenDaylight: What’s Next?”
- A panel with OpenDaylight developers to discuss what’s on the road map for 2014, moderated by David M. Meyer, chair of the OpenDaylight Technical Steering Committee.
The OpenDaylight Summit 2014 is now over. You can watch archived videos of the keynotes and PDFs of the slides here: http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/opendaylight-summit
Check out more about OpenDaylight on SDNCentral: