OpenDaylight has become the de facto standard for SDN controllers and we just announced our third release Lithium, which allows service providers and enterprises to transition to software-defined networking (SDN) with particular focus on broadening programmability of intelligent networks. Over 20 companies have created products and solutions on top of the OpenDaylight platform, and organizations like AT&T, the city of Bristol, and CableLabs are bringing SDN to life via OpenDaylight. AT&T announced they have deployed OpenDaylight in production as part of their Network on Demand offering. Bristol is becoming England’s first software-defined city, leveraging an OpenDaylight-based SDN controller to integrate traffic across the city’s fiber optic, LTE and 5G wireless networks and is starting by connecting 1,500 smart lamp posts to its network. CableLabs is finding success implementing OpenDaylight to manage cable networks end-to-end.
While this open collaboration is happening in truly distributed ways, with hundreds of developers working together across every time zone, the entire community comes together once a year. The OpenDaylight Summit in Santa Clara, Calif. July 27-31 brings together users, developers, academia, and commercial suppliers across the SDN space. It’s the best place for hands-on, in-depth technical training for folks looking to learn how to install and operate OpenDaylight across networks. It brings together the community, projects, products and companies that are driving SDN and NFV ecosystems today, so it’s a great place to learn and debate best practices from across the industry.
Best-in-class experts will collaborate throughout the Summit to address a wide range of topics and sessions, including:
- Application Development Tutorial: A Grand Tour of Coding for OpenDaylight
- User Tutorials:
- Docker, Vagrant, Puppet, RPMs, Oh My! (Daniel Ferrell of Red Hat)
- Basic Operations Guide for OpenDaylight (Luis Gomez, Brocade)
- Deploying OpenDaylight and OpenFlow into an Existing Network (Steven Noble, NetDef)
- OpenDaylight OVSDB Project for Solution Network Virtualization in OpenStack (Sam Hague, Red Hat; Flavio Fernandes, Red Hat; and Anil Vishnoi, Brocade)
- Other Tutorials:
- A keynote Advisory Group panel moderated by IDC’s Nav Chander with Margaret Chiosi, AT&T; Chris Donley, CableLabs; and Chris Luke, Comcast
- User tutorials on operations, deployment and OpenFlow in existing networks, and OpenDaylight as a solution for network virtualization in OpenStack
- Additional keynotes and panel discussions from OpenDaylight users and community members–such as AT&T, CableLabs, OpenStack, ONS, and more — focused on controllers and orchestrators, models of collaboration, accelerating SDN and NFV, and more
With OpenDaylight Lithium now available, the Summit provides an excellent forum for enterprises, service providers and others to explore Lithium, learn how it is being used in production and get hands-on support for implementing their own PoCs.
With more than 80 tutorials, sessions, and keynotes and over 1,000 people anticipated to attend this year, you won’t want to miss this chance to collaborate and connect. Visit http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/opendaylight-summit for more details.