Hurry up! Today is the last day for you to sign up for the first “Hot Topics in SDN” webinar, sponsored by the Open Networking Foundation (ONF)!
Intent driven networking is taking centerstage tomorrow during an exciting panel discussion moderated by SDxCentral’s own Roy Chua. Don’t know what intent driven networking is? Then this event is meant for you.
As one of the hottest new topics in the software-defined networking (SDN) market, this webinar will focus solely on intent driven networking and northbound interfaces because right now, both are generating lots of interest among major SDN vendors. Why, you ask? Well, our expert panel members will be able to shed light on that. Joining us on September 30th will be:
- David Lenrow: An architect in the CTO office of HP Networking, David is on the Technical Steering Committees for both OPNFV and the OpenDaylight Project, and is the chairman of the ONF Northbound Interface Working Group. With over 20 years experience in the networking, storage, and media industries, David is also involved in the OpenStack and Open Compute Project communities.
- Fabian Schneider: NEC’s senior researcher and ONF’s deputy area director of the services area, Fabian’s work targets network and cloud management. He been active in ONF since 2012, working on projects including SDN architecture, intent and northbound interfaces, OpenFlow protocol development, and hybrid considerations.
- Pascal Menezes: Microsoft’s principal program manager in Lync and Skype Partner Engineering, Pascal also acts as vice-chair for the ONF Northbound Interface Working Group. He has held various other executive positions in his 30 years of networking experience. He also acts as an advisor to the Metro Ethernet Forum (MEF) board of directors.
The panel discussion will touch on topics such as:
- Current activities surrounding intent driven networking, including Group Based Policy, Network Intent Composition, Congress, and how they differ
- Northbound interface activities in progress and how they work with the orchestration activities underway in ONF, ETSI NFV ISG, MEF LSO, OPNFV, OpenStack, etc.
- Important milestones so far and obstacles to address
- Hot projects to keep an eye on, and what to expect in the next six to 12 months
- How to get involved in the intent driven networking movement
Join the panel for this fascinating conversation surrounding intent driven networking and northbound interfaces on September 30th at 10:00am PT. Hurry up and register!
Can’t make the live event? That’s okay — we know you’re busy. Give us your information anyway and we’ll let you know when the recorded assets are available on SDxCentral.com.