Less than 2 weeks from now, the MEF will host the must-see networking event of the year for industry professionals involved in all aspects of the Carrier Ethernet, SDN, NFV, and optical networking ecosystem: the GEN14 conference held on 17 – 20 November at the Gaylord National in Washington, DC.
Nearly 110 sponsors & partners – including 25 of the world’s leading service providers – have joined the MEF to make GEN14 an exciting marketplace of fresh new ideas, real-world networking solutions, shared insights, and valuable experiences. We encourage you to register now to take advantage of this unique opportunity!
GEN14 is the industry’s only global conference focused on defining the future of network-enabled cloud, data, and mobile services powered by the convergence of Carrier Ethernet 2.0, SDN, NFV, and optical networking technologies.
Current GEN14 registrants represent more than 235 companies and organizations based in dozens of countries, and it’s expect that individuals from many more organizations to sign up in the coming days. This includes professionals employed by retail, wholesale, and mobile service providers, data center providers, cloud service providers, mid to large businesses, government and defense organizations, network solutions vendors, the press, analyst firms, investment companies, among others.
GEN14 is taking place in the midst of an industry paradigm shift that will accelerate the ability of network operators to develop and deliver more agile, assured, and customized services that are orchestrated over more efficient, automated, and interconnected networks. These new services have the potential to fuel a whole new wave of innovation and productivity gains for service end-users while opening up new business opportunities for service providers.
A world-class line-up of more than 115 executive and other carrier Ethernet, SDN, NFV, and cloud expert speakers will explore this exciting industry transformation, and share advice and best practices that will help audience members effectively navigate through the change.
Want to gain more insight into industry transformation? Then check out the Proof of Concept Services & Technology Showcase in which six selected groups of companies will feature leading-edge implementations of dynamic cloud-centric services with SDN, NFV, automated provisioning, service orchestration, and other innovations.
Showcase participants and their themes are:
- Allstream, Tata Communications: Demonstrate orchestration across carriers using APIs built on open MEF standards, for on-demand bandwidth. SDN extends CE 2.0 Interconnect to elastic services, accelerating availability of secure and assured cloud services everywhere
- Amartus, Transition Networks: Rapid, agile environment to orchestrate and automate the roll-out, provisioning and operations of on-demand network and Cloud services. This environment uses an open-system and open-standards approach, CE 2.0 Ethernet demarcation devices, and virtualized NFV, SDN and Cloud technologies
- CenturyLink, Ciena: Showcase benefits of automated orchestration of MEF services with collaboratively developed APIs related to the upcoming MEF 7.3 Information Model, interface profiles for simplified service activation and configuration, and automated API testing
- Cyan: Demonstrate how carrier Ethernet is enhanced by SDN and NFV, including dynamic, on-demand services with end-to-end multi-vendor control, service chaining, and multi-domain orchestration.
- Oracle, InfoVista: Self-serve ordering and performance assurance of commercial-ready Network-as-a-Service, dynamically orchestrated and assured across the service provider and wholesale partners, integrated fully into critical business management processes, and designed for network technology abstraction.
- WebNMS, Omnitron Systems, VeEX: SDN orchestration of MEF CE 2.0 services over a multi-vendor network with elastic service provisioning, fault isolation, and dynamic bandwidth on demand with service activation & assurance via a cloud-based self-service Customer SLA portal.
Every aspect of GEN14 has been developed with the paramount goal of empowering attendees with the highest-quality information, analysis, and peer-to-peer networking opportunities possible to help professionals navigate through today’s pressing cost, revenue, and business process challenges.
We encourage you to join us this 17 – 20 November. Register now for GEN14!