You’ve been hearing all sorts of theories about how DevOps and SDN can reduce OpEx – now see a demonstration of a concrete solution that truly automates the network. Join us for the next DemoFriday™ as Plexxi and Opscode demonstrate the intersection of DevOps and software-defined networking (SDN).
This DemoFriday™ shows how to help DevOps engineers influence network behavior using tools and data familiar to them. The presentation will showcase Chef, Opscode’s automation platform that transforms infrastructure into code.
Join Plexxi Senior Product Manager Derick Winkworth and Opscode CTO Chris Brown as they demonstrate how to assign roles to infrastructure and use those roles to drive network behavior. This is an exercise in abstract policy notation, eliminating the need to manually craft and update network policies continuously. The demo will cover:
- Using Chef recipes based on roles
- Automatic gathering of Chef-managed hosts based on roles
- Using roles to define affinity groups and attributes
- Tracing of node addition and propagation into Plexxi Control
- Installation steps when integrating Plexxi with Chef
- Automated workflow across compute and networking
- How to extend this integration yourself
Find out how to combine an SDN solution optimized for application conversations with a programmatic means of provisioning infrastructure to design a highly automated data center that is less costly to manage and less susceptible to human error. The demo will be webcast live on Friday, September 13, at 10:00 a.m. PDT.
Register for the event here.