If you want to learn about how open source controllers perform in an SDN world, be sure to attend tomorrow’s DemoFriday™ featuring Plexxi and Real Status. This demo brings together Plexxi’s programmable network, OpenDaylight’s open source controller platform, and scalable visibility from Real Status’ Hyperglance for OpenDaylight to open up new infrastructure capabilities across multivendor environments.
Presenters will demonstrate the power of application abstractions using OpenDaylight to control application flows running across the network. Join Plexxi’s Nils Swart (strategy and business development), Derick Winkworth (product management) and Real Status’ Stace Hipperson (CTO) as they show how OpenDaylight’s affinity metadata service can be used to translate broad application intent into specific network behavior, specifically:
- Application abstraction in OpenDaylight using the affinity metadata service
- Flow detection and tagging using OpenDaylight’s stats management capabilities with OVS
- Automated affinity creation in OpenDaylight
- Dynamic elephant flow offload through flow isolation
- Dynamic flow redirect to enable service chaining
- Tap functionality
- Network and flow visibility using Hyperglance
- Flow monitoring and troubleshooting
- Synchronous flow management for multiple devices
This DemoFriday has already occurred. You may view the archived assets here.