Summary: This DemoFriday will showcase how network operators can leverage open, multi-layer SDN solutions to deliver services more efficiently across multiple technology domains, including an MPLS backbone or a third-party network.
As deployments of Carrier Ethernet-based services in the metro network continue to grow in scale and scope, delivering end-to-end services often involves crossing an MPLS core. Our next DemoFriday will show how network operators are using software-defined networking (SDN) to deliver services more efficiently across multiple technology domains. It builds on the well-received August 23 DemoFriday from Cyan and Accedian and again features those companies, joined by Colt, a major European Ethernet provider.
The demo will explore how the following aspects of service delivery are improved with SDN in a real-world environment:
- Multi-domain (access, transport and core), multi-vendor and multi-layer management
- The “life cycle of a circuit,” including service turn-up, cut-in, and A-to-Z provisioning
- Performance management
- Real-time SLA monitoring
- Fault management, alarm notification and troubleshooting
The session also will explore how Colt implemented SDN solutions within its Ethernet Multi-Service Platform (MSP) network to lower costs and enable faster, more automated end-to-end service delivery. Join the following speakers for their demo and presentation:
- Abel Tong, Cyan director of solutions marketing
- Ken Gold, Accedian senior product manager
- Mirko Voltolini, Colt director of design and architecture
Join us for the DemoFriday™ with Cyan, Accedian, and Colt when we webcast it live on Friday, November 1, at 10:00 a.m. PDT.
Check out more SDN Demos from DemoFriday™: