The award winning, carrier software-defined networking (SDN) fabric from ConteXtream will be showcased in the upcoming DemoFriday on July 25 at 10:00 a.m. Register now to see how the ContexNet solution provides a practical SDN fabric that can deliver interconnectivity with subscriber-level granularity and visibility for carriers to support the virtualization of the Gi-LAN network.
To support exponential traffic growth and customer demand, operators are looking to extend existing services, such as DPI, proxy caches, video optimization, TCP optimization, NAT and firewall on the SGi/Gi-LAN, as well as roll out new functions, including sponsored data, machine to machine (M2M) communications, voice over LTE (VoLTE), real-time control systems (RCS) and value-added services, such as content filtering and parental controls.
The SGi/Gi interface that connects the mobile packet core (MPC) and packet data networks (PDN) are typically implemented on racks in middle-boxes; all the traffic ends up flowing through these boxes, which can be hard to manage, update and modify. SDN and NFV can simplify and enrich the Gi-LAN to:
- Dynamically allocate network resources on a per subscriber/user basis
- Automate provisioning of the traffic forwarding patch through the service chain
- Support elasticity of functions
- Provide capabilities, such as load balancing, high availability, and monitoring to eliminate the need to have these functions duplicated in each VNF
- Enable a mix of best-of-breed function providers and open source software for rapid new service deployment
Watch ConteXtream’s Chief Architect Ron Sidi demonstrate how ContexNet provides a distributed, subscriber-aware SDN fabric for NFV. Learn how several tier one operators use ConteXtream’s solution to:
- Deliver carrier grade services on standard, off-the-shelf computing platforms
- Quickly innovate, deliver and scale applications and services
- Remove the location dependency of a service delivery policy to support geographically distributed resources
- Increase visibility and improve network and resource utilization
- Enhance security
- Support flexibility, with an open solution that leverages ETSI, IETF and SDN mechanisms, such as OpenFlow, LISP and Open Source components like OpenStack and OpenDaylight.
Don’t miss this DemoFriday. Register now and join us when we webcast it live on July 25 at 10:00 a.m.
This DemoFriday has already occurred. You may visit it here.