Summary: In this DemoFriday™, Brocade, Infinera Corp., and the U.S. Department of Energy’s Energy Sciences Network (ESnet) demonstrate how SDN can be used for multilayer provisioning and automatically optimizing resources across different layers of the network.
Brocade, Infinera, and ESnet come together for our next DemoFriday to show how they automate provisioning and optimization of bandwidth services across a multilayer network. The demonstration uses ESnet’s On-Demand Secure Circuits and Advance Reservation System (Oscars) to show two use cases that can help you save capital and operational costs:
1) The first phase of the demo showcases how the OSCARS application uses OpenFlow for orchestrated, multilayer, and automated provisioning across a packet-optical 100-Gb/s network comprised of Brocade MLXe core routers, Infinera’s DTN-X converged OTN/WDM optical platform, and additional OpenFlow-enabled Layer 2 switches.
2) The second phase of the demo focuses on flow optimization across a multilayer network. It demonstrates how the Oscars application re-optimizes existing packet flows based on real-time monitoring of flow characteristics. It shows how it then reroutes large flows to bypass an intermediate packet switch, saving capex and reducing energy consumption.
Join the following panelists as they show how automated multilayer optimization analyzes network topology and traffic flows to seamlessly route traffic at the most efficient layer of the network:
- Daniel Williams, Brocade director of product marketing for data center and service provider routing
- Chris Liou, Infinera vice president of network strategy
- Inder Monga, ESnet chief technologist and area lead for network engineering, tools and research
Find the SDN Products that are right for you on our DemoFridays! Watch videos, download podcasts and PDF about leading SDN technologies.