As we enter the new year, Matt and I would like to thank each and everyone of you who have subscribed to our mailing list–and if you haven’t yet, do create an account and subscribe to our list today. We hope that you have found the weekly mailings helpful in staying up-to-date with all things software-defined. I’ve heard from many of you in person about how you look forward to the weekly mailings and the collection of compelling SDx stories. At the same time, thanks to the hard work of Craig and his editorial team, the number of articles we cover each week has increased tremendously. Many of our subscribers have provided feedback that the weekly mailings are now a little long to scroll through.
We’ve given some thought to this issue and we are going to run a pilot program starting next Thursday (21st Jan) for a month where we will send you mailings twice a week instead of once a week. You can expect the email to arrive in your inbox on Monday and Thursday mornings. We believe that this approach will provide you with the following benefits:
- Fresher news – get the latest in your inbox without waiting up to 7 days to read about breaking news. This way, you can feel confident that you have your pulse on the latest in the world of SDx when you speak with your colleagues, clients and friends
- Easier read – by sending emails twice a week instead of once, the length of the email will be more manageable and you can scan the news in half the time, not having to keep scrolling down to find your favorite stories. This should reduce the mileage on that scroll-wheel or trackpad or trackball (whatever your favorite input device is)
However, we also realize that not everyone likes to receive more emails and that some of you might prefer to stay with the current system–really, it’s only one more email though. Nevertheless, we will be offering those of you prefer to have one less email, an option to opt back into the current style of weekly emails though we would like to recommend that you try out the new schedule–you might end up liking it!
As we run this pilot, we’ll keep an open poll and survey where we’d love to capture your reactions and feedback. We aim to do everything in our power to provide you, our readers, with the best information consumption experience and will continue to look for innovative ways to do so.
So here’s a summary of what’s going to happen and how you can interact with us through this pilot program:
- You don’t need to do anything and emails will start appearing in your inbox twice a week instead of once a week
- If you prefer to stay with the current one-email-a-week scheme, we will be enabling this on your profile page soon, before we switch to the new scheme
- If you have feedback for us, please fill in the form below, or drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Note: if you already subscribe to our daily updates, those emails will continue to be sent as usual
Based on the results of the pilot program, and your feedback, we will make a final determination as to whether to extend the program beyond the pilot period, or find alternate solutions to improving our weekly email newsletter. Again, I want to thank you all for subscribing to our newsletter and for being part of the SDxCentral community.