Download your copy of the newly released 2015 Virtual Edge Report today!
The 2015 Virtual Edge Report examines how virtual customer premises equipment (vCPE) and software-defined WAN (SD-WAN) technology are allowing more services to be moved to the cloud using software-defined networking (SDN) technologies.
The report includes an overview of leading vCPE and SD-WAN approaches and why service providers and enterprises are looking at these technologies to reduce operating expenses and generate new revenue. It includes the results of a survey of more than 80 service providers and enterprises.
SD-WAN and vCPE is emerging as one of the strongest use cases for SDN, because it is driven by compelling business reasons. The network edge is traditionally the land of specialized proprietary equipment – including routers, Network Interface Devices (NIDs) and Customer Premises Equipment (CPE). The industry is aiming to change that, replacing specialized gear with commodity hardware that can be rapidly updated and provisioned from the cloud, with open software.
- An introduction to business drivers and benefits of vCPE and SD-WAN technology.
- A look at how the virtualized edge changes technology requirements in devices, such as vCPE, edge routers, and NIDs.
- An overview of the “spectrum” of virtualizing the edge, ranging from a thin client to full Network as a Service (NAAS).
- How virtualized applications managed by service providers or enterprises can enable remote provisioning and configurability of network functions running on edge devices.
- Results of the SDxCentral Survey on vCPE and SD-WAN.
- Different network architectures for vCPE and SD-WAN.
- Profiles of management, vCPE and SD-WAN solutions in the market, including key features available today.
For service providers architects, CIOs, CTOs, this report is a must-read for understanding how SD-WAN and vCPE will change how WAN services will be delivered in the future.
We hope you find the 2015 Virtual Edge Report a useful resource to help you stay up to date on the progress and shifts of the market.
Download your complimentary copy now. You must be an SDxCentral member to download. Registration is free and easy.
Exclusive Virtual Edge Report Webinars
With the release of SDxCentral’s 2015 Virtual Edge Report, SDxCentral will be hosting three exclusive upcoming Virtual Edge Report Webinars sponsored by Brocade, Cisco Systems & Versa Networks respectively!
Stay tuned for more details on Brocade’s Virtual Edge Report Webinar on December 9, Cisco Systems’ Virtual Edge Report Webinar and Versa Networks’ Virtual Edge Report Webinar
Vendors cover include: 6WIND, Accedian, ADVA Optical, Amdocs, Anuta, Aricent, Aryaka, Brocade, Ciena, Cisco, ClearPath, CloudGenix, Glue Networks, Nuage Networks, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Huawei, Juniper Networks, Inc., Metaswitch, NetCracker, OneAcess, Overture, Pertino, Qosmos, RAD, Riverbed, Saisei Networks, Silver Peak, Talari, Tech Mahindra, VeloCloud, Versa Networks, ViPelta, VMware
We welcome any and all feedback on the Report, so please don’t hesitate to reach out with your ideas – simply email us at email@example.com.