LSO (Lifecycle Service Orchestration) is emerging as an important component of the new software platform that communication service providers (CSPs) will depend on as they revamp their businesses to innovate and scale, while taking on new challenges such as over-the-top (OTT) providers. Our SDxCentral Industry Report on LSO examines how next-gen OSS will evolve, as well as how LSO binds together legacy OSS/BSS with newer SDN and NFV software, and telecom hardware infrastructure.
The Next-Gen OSS and the Rise of LSO Report, which launched today, includes an aggregated view of industry research, our own survey data, and feedback from the SDxCentral community, conducted by the SDxCentral Research Team. It includes an analysis of key CSP trends, key requirements in next-gen OSS and the evolution of the MEF Forum’s LSO over the last few years. It also includes a listing of the top next-gen OSS and LSO products in the marketplace, along with key differentiators and features.
Some of the key elements included in the report:
- Next-gen OSS and LSO market drivers in this new multi-billion-dollar market
- Why LSO is critical to CSPs’ ongoing competition with the OTT providers
- The symbiotic relationship between LSO, SDN and NFV
- Key attributes and requirements of next-gen OSS and LSO solutions
- LSO ecosystem evolution and the role of open source projects as OpenDaylight, ONOS, Open-O and OPNFV
- Importance of MEF’s OpenLSO and OpenCS
- Results of the SDxCentral and MEF Survey on next-gen OSS and LSO
- Profiles of next-gen OSS and LSO solutions in the market, including key features available today
Our research indicates that LSO and next-gen OSS efforts have momentum with CSPs and the report aims to provide both visibility and guidance for CSPs, integrators and networking hardware and software vendors on the direction forward.
We’d like to thank the MEF for their support and assistance with the survey and want to offer special thanks to our sponsors, who enable us to present the community with extensive, independent, and totally FREE research.
Interested in learning more about LSO and Next-Gen OSS? Be sure to check out our pages on What Is Lifecycle Service Orchestration (LSO)? Definition, Network functions virtualization (NFV) Topic Page, What is an NFV Orchestration?, What Is an Operations Support System (OSS)?, What is ETSI ISG NFV?, How Does ETSI NFV Operate?
Sponsored by Ciena, Infinera, Netcracker, and Nokia
Organizations covered include: ADVA Optical Networking, Amdocs, CENX, Ciena, Cisco, CloudSmartz, Comarch, Comptel. ECI, Ericsson, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Huawei, Infinera, MEF, Netcracker, Nokia, Oracle, and UBIqube.